Confirmation Frequently Asked Questions
2020 / 2021 School Year
When do meetings start?
We will kick off the year with the parish outdoor Adoration on Saturday, November 21, from 6:30 to 8:00pm. We will follow up with more information about your teen’s participation at this event.
Meetings are scheduled to begin in December – C1 on Dec. 15 and C2 on Dec. 1. Meetings will continue on Tuesday evenings based on the schedules below:
We will provide more detailed information on attendance guidelines, service hour requirements, etc. at parent meetings.
C1 parent meeting is scheduled for Dec. 9 OR 10, 7:00 to 8:00pm. Registered families will receive an email with Zoom meeting information.
C2 parent meeting is TBD. Registered families will receive an email with Zoom meeting information.
Will meetings be online or in-person?
We will offer both options for C1 and C2. During the registration process, you will be able to select your preference. Our options may be limited by state and local guidelines at the time of meetings and we will communicate all updates and changes with you as quickly as possible. Please note:
- In-person classes will be outdoors and remain outdoors through the program year
- ‘Zoom’ classes will remain online for the program year; there will be no option to switch to in-person mid-year
Where will in-person Confirmation classes be held?
Both C1 and C2 teens will meet in small groups, outdoors on the front lawn facing Solomon Street.
Will there be a retreat?
At this time, we are unable to schedule an in-person weekend retreat for either C1 or C2. We plan to offer a day of reflection in the spring – a 3 to 4 hour event held on-campus, in small groups, on a weekend day. Details, including dates and times, are being finalized and will be sent to our families as soon as they are available.
What is the program fee?
The registration fee for the program year 2020-21 will be $125 per student. Payment can be made online during the registration process. If you are unable to pay the full fee at the time of registration, please contact our office to make other payment arrangements. If you need financial assistance, please contact our office.
How old does my teen need to be to sign up for Confirmation?
The preparation for Confirmation is a two-year program. Teens can begin during their freshman, sophomore or junior year of high school.
What paperwork is needed when we register?
C1: Our new, incoming C1 teens will need the following paperwork at the time of registration:
- Copy of Baptismal certificate
- Copy of First Eucharist certificate
These can be submitted online on the registration page. There is an option to upload documents on your registration account. Paperwork can also be emailed to our office.
C2: Our returning C2 teens also need a sponsor form, in addition to the above paperwork. Any paperwork submitted last year has been recorded by our office. Please submit any missing paperwork as soon as possible. They can be uploaded to your account on the registration page or emailed to our office.
How do I register my teen?
Faith formation registrations are all online this year. Please visit our registration page at:
- If you have a profile with any of our faith formation programs, you can click on ‘Log In’ and enter your username and password to access your profile.
- If you have a profile but do not remember your password, click on “Lost your password?” and follow the steps.
- If you do not have a profile with our faith formation programs, click on ‘Create New Profile’ and enter your information at the next page. You will receive an email to activate your account. Use the provided link to activate the account then return to the registration page to log in.
Once you log in, you will be able to verify your profile information. You can then click on ‘Continue to Registration’ and on the next page, select ‘Confirmation Registration’ in the Youth Ministry section.
There are three steps to registration – digital release, minor release and registration and payment. All three steps must be completed in order for your registration to be processed by our office.
What is the deadline to register?
Registration will be open from Monday, November 9 through Friday, November 20. After this date, we will start a waitlist for any late registrations.
For in-person meetings, what safety protocols are being followed?
We will require all participants (teens and adults) to follow current local and state health and safety guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Face covering to be worn at all times
- Physical distance of 6ft to be maintained at all times
- Maximum capacity of each room to be reduced based on current guidelines
- No sharing of supplies, books, etc.
- Cleaning of all surfaces between use
- Temperatures taken at arrival – if a teen arrives with a temperature of 100.3 or above, he/she will not be able to attend the meeting.
What will happen if we have a positive COVID case?
If your teen or any member of your family has a positive COVID test result, we ask that you notify our office as soon as possible. All information will remain confidential. Depending on what is mandated by local and state guidelines, the small group will be notified and may be asked to self-quarantine. No identifying information will be shared, only that a positive case occurred within the group. The group will pivot to an online meeting set-up for two weeks. If needed, all groups may meet online for two weeks.
Who do I contact with other questions?
You can reach us by phone or email: